
MONROVIA – A 16-year-old alleged victim has delivered a deeply troubling account in the rape trial of National Security Agency Operative Peter Bon Jallah, telling Criminal Court “E” that he was sexually abused on three separate occasions and later transported across Monrovia before being abandoned by the roadside.
By Willie N. Tokpah
The testimony has placed the teenager’s credibility, his previous statements to investigators, medical evidence and the movements of the accused at the center of one of Liberia’s most closely watched criminal proceedings involving a national security official.
The teenager alleged that the incidents occurred on November 29 and December 24, 2025 at Jallah’s Residence and again on January 1, 2026 at a four-story building on Camp Johnson Road.
His testimony also provided the prosecution with an explanation for why the alleged abuse was not immediately reported. The witness told the court that he remained silent about the December 24 allegation and said he did not report the November 29 incident because he had allegedly been warned not to disclose what had happened.
That claim could become crucial as the prosecution attempts to explain the period between the alleged incidents and the teenager’s eventual disclosure to family members and authorities.
But the defense has challenged portions of the prosecution’s questioning, repeatedly objecting when prosecutors sought to elicit details the witness had not previously mentioned in open court.
The court sustained some objections and overruled others, with defense counsel repeatedly taking exceptions.
The January 1 Account
The most detailed portion of the teenager’s testimony concerned the events of January 1. He told the court that he had been playing football in Kpelleh Town when he came into contact with Jallah.
According to the witness, Jallah questioned him about football boots he had allegedly promised to buy.
The teenager said he was instructed to return home, take a bath and come back. He testified that he complied.
The two later traveled toward Camp Johnson Road in a vehicle, according to the witness.
He alleged that he was eventually taken to a four-story building, where the third incident of sexual abuse allegedly occurred. The allegations have not been established as facts, and Jallah remains presumed innocent unless the prosecution proves the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.
From Camp Johnson Road to 15th Street
The teenager’s account did not end at the alleged Camp Johnson Road location. He told the court that he was later transported toward 15th Street, opposite NASCOP, where he was allegedly removed from the vehicle and left by the roadside.
The witness said he struggled to communicate with people who came upon him.
A security officer eventually found him and contacted his relatives. The teenager was subsequently taken to John F. Kennedy Memorial Medical Center, according to his testimony.
He later went to a one-stop center, where police and medical personnel questioned him. The account situates the teenager’s alleged experience within a chain of events that investigators began to reconstruct after his discovery and subsequent disclosure.
Police Statement Admitted as ‘Evidence’
A major evidentiary development came when prosecutors produced a statement allegedly obtained from the teenager during the police investigation. The witness identified the document in court.
He also confirmed that the signature on it was his. Defense counsel objected to the admission of portions of the statement. Judge Golda Bonah-Elliott, however, overruled the objection and admitted the four-page statement as P/1 in bulk.
The document could become particularly important as the trial progresses because prosecutors may rely on it to compare the teenager’s earlier account with his testimony from the witness stand.
For the defense, those same comparisons could provide an opportunity to challenge inconsistencies or differences in the accounts.
That battle over consistency may become one of the defining features of the trial.
A Case That Shook the Security Establishment
The allegations against Jallah first emerged publicly in January, sending shockwaves through Liberia’s security community. At the time, Jallah served as a Special Assistant to NSA Director-General Prince C. Johnson.
He was suspended amid allegations involving the minor and was subsequently arrested as police opened an investigation. The Liberia National Police later charged him with statutory rape, gang rape and kidnapping.
Jallah denied the allegations. The prosecution’s case has since expanded beyond the teenager’s account to include investigative, medical and forensic evidence.
Police previously said investigators examined the alleged crime scene, interviewed witnesses and analyzed cellphone-location information as they sought to establish the movements of the accused and the alleged victim.
Investigators also alleged that cellphone analysis placed Jallah within the vicinity of the alleged crime scene.
Jallah disputed the allegations and, according to police accounts made public during the investigation, denied that the teenager had entered his compound or house.
That denial remains central to the defense.
Forensic Evidence Adds Another Layer
The case also took a turn when police confirmed receiving a forensic examination report from the Rwanda Forensic Institute.
The Liberia National Police said the report was formally transmitted to the relevant authorities after examination of evidence connected to the investigation.
Authorities declined to publicly disclose the substance of the report, citing the fact that the matter was already before the court.
The forensic evidence could therefore become an important component of the prosecution’s attempt to corroborate, or the defense’s attempt to challenge, the teenager’s account.
The Fight Over the Trial’s Location
The Jallah case has also generated a serious legal battle outside the witness stand.
The Government previously sought a change of venue, arguing that extensive publicity surrounding the case could make it difficult to select an impartial jury in Montserrado County.
The request was rejected by Criminal Court “E.” The Government later sought Supreme Court intervention.
In July, Chambers Justice Yussif D. Kaba declined to issue the requested writ of certiorari, leaving Criminal Court “E” to proceed with the trial.
The decision cleared the way for the prosecution to present its witnesses and evidence.
The teenager’s appearance now represents the first major test of the prosecution’s case before the trial court.
The courtroom battle is increasingly becoming a contest over credibility.
For the prosecution, the challenge is to demonstrate that the teenager’s allegations are credible, consistent and supported by independent evidence.
For the defense, the task is to expose weaknesses in the testimony, challenge the circumstances under which statements were obtained and contest any evidence prosecutors present as corroboration.
The police statement admitted could assume considerable importance, so could the medical and forensic evidence, cellphone data and testimony from other witnesses.
The defense’s repeated objections already signal that the prosecution’s questions and the teenager’s answers will face intense scrutiny.
A Case Bigger Than One Defendant
Beyond the allegations themselves, the trial carries implications because of Jallah’s former position within Liberia’s national security apparatus.
The case has placed questions about accountability, the treatment of minors and the conduct of security personnel directly before the courts.
But the courtroom is not a forum for determining guilt through public reaction.
The prosecution must prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense is entitled to challenge every piece of evidence, and Jallah remains legally presumed innocent.
For now, however, the testimony of a 16-year-old has placed a series of disturbing allegations squarely before Criminal Court “E”, allegations involving three alleged sexual assaults, an alleged warning to remain silent, an alleged journey across Monrovia and an eventual roadside abandonment.
What remains is for the court to determine whether the evidence supporting those allegations meets the demanding standard required for a criminal conviction.


