LFA Gives US$10K To BYC II For Honoring CAF Confed Cup Tie


Monrovia – The Liberia Football Association (LFA) Monday presented a check of US$10,000 to Barrack Young Controllers (BYC-II) as a fulfillment of a promised it made ahead of the second leg match against Morocco’s Kawkab Athletic Club in the CAF Confederation Cup played on March 20 Antoinette Tubman Stadium (ATS).

Presenting the check, LFA President Musa Bility paid homage to BYC for the 2-0 victory although they went 3-2 on aggregate having lost the first leg on March 12 in Marrakech.

“The last time I met with our young players I saw in them quality and I saw in them determination. But more than anything else, this is a clear manifestation of our football development program to see a second level team from Liberia to defeat a first level team from a country as big as Morocco.

“So we are very proud of you and we appreciate what you are doing. We want to, however, caution you not to allow it to go into your head in the country but let it be as a motivating factor in your sojourn.

“I reserved a special thank you for BYC chairman Mr. Robert Sirleaf, who have placed and continued to play such a trust in you people and to the President of BYC II who is also a best friend of mine. Thank you for your hard work.

“Also to the players and the entire management because what is really unique about BYC is that it is a whole structure and so it is difficult to point to the coaches or the players without naming those who are supporting the structure that are in place. S

o, I want to thank the chairman of the association for making such an immense contribution to local football. You have made us proud,” Bility said.

BYC-II newly-appointed President Mark Tweh paid thanked the LFA for the fulfillment of its promise and disclosed that it was one of the key points that really helped them to win.

It was their second home victory, having defeated Sierra Leone’s FC Johansen 1-0 in the first leg of the 2013 Confederation Cup at the ATS on February 17 and drew the return 0-0 in Freetown on March 3.