Monrovia – Members of the Special Presidential Task has refuted accusation by the Director of the General Services Agency, saying, “at no time had the leadership of the task force or any of its agents gone to Madam Broh to seek any financial support,” as she claims.
Report by J.H. Webster Clayeh – [email protected]
Madam Mary Broh has alleged that the task force was compelling her to use her personal resources to support its operations.
But in a press statement, the task force said it doesn’t need personal financial support from Madam Broh to execute President’s Weah’s mandate.
The task force also accused the GSA director for putting up a “non compliance posture to its operations” as it strive to recover government vehicles in the possession of former public officials.
“We are quite aware that we will never get Madam Broh’s support because our operations have uncovered most of her shady deeds under the GSA fleet management,” the Task Force alleged in a statement.
“We have dozens of documents in our possession revealing that the manner or fashion in which most of the vehicles appraised and sold under the GSA fleet management policy during Madam Broh’s tenure under the past President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s regime, was not only meant to amass wealth at the detriment of the masses but to strangulate the incoming government, logistically.”
The Task Force, during a press briefing on Thursday, March 22, claimed that Broh was undermining their effort to recover missing vehicles.
They announced that 72 movable vehicles have been retrieved and over 30 non-movable vehicles.
Benedict E.E. Reeves, head of the task force, said many former government officials have scraped off parts of several vehicles.
Reeves said despite the challenges impeding their work, which include lack of logistic and financial support, the GSA boss is also posing hurdles to their efforts to retrieve missing government vehicles.
“We have intelligence that reviewed that Madam Broh had been part of an organized scheme that had defrauded thousands of United States dollars in the name of appraising and selling vehicles under the GSA fleet management policy,” Reeves said.
“We have document currently in our position indicating that most of the vehicles that were sold were criminally devalue for personnel interest.”
The task force accuses Madam Broh of “invading the grounds of the Executive Mansion on March 22, 2018 to forcibly take one of the vehicles that was retrieved from former health minister Dr. Walter Gwenigale.
“There were several words that are not descent to use here, that were used. I remember also that the beating of the Assistant Minister Samuel Worzie was also ordered by escort people that followed Madam Broh,” Reeves alleged.
According to Reeves, the vehicle, which cost US$65,000, was bought by the former agriculture minister, Seklau E. Wiles for US$800.
FronPageAfrica made several attempts to get response from Madam Broh but to no avail.
Madam Broh has allegedly sold five vehicles since November 2017 after the sale of government vehicles was stopped.
Madam Broh had been selling vehicles after the Cabinet placed a moratorium on the sale of vehicles.
FrontPageAfrica has in its possession a dossier of transaction documents alleging that the reappointed GSA boss sold over five vehicles to individuals, amongst them former and current public officials.
On November 1, 2017, Broh sanctioned the sale of a 2012 Nissan Patrol to one Morris Freeman for US$500 and later November 3, she also ordered the sale of a Toyota Land Cruiser SUV for US$200 to Miekee Gray.
On January 18 and 19, 2018, she then ordered the respective sale of a Toyota Hilux to Rockson Nimely for US$1,000 and a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado to Varney A. Sirleaf for US$3,000.