Missing Man Found Dead – Police Investigates Mysterious Death


Monrovia – Family members wept as Police discovered the decomposed body of McArthur Jinlack barely a week after he went missing in the Virginia community outside Monrovia.

Report by Kennedy L. Yangian [email protected]

The body of Jinlack, according to a family source, was reported to have been discovered in a lagoon near the Hotel Africa vicinity in Virginia, the same area where he went missing on Saturday, September 23, 2017.

Witnesses on the scene stated that his body was peeled as a scissor and a syringe laid besides him, while the face of the deceased was beyond recognition as though a chemical had been wasted upon him.

Police spokesperson Sam Collins confirmed the discovery of the deceased but stated that Police officers are still investigating the matter and will make the result public as soon as the investigation is concluded to establish the cause of death.

Five persons who were reported to have been with the deceased at the time he went missing are said to still be undergoing investigation at the Police Crime Services Division (CSD)

Prior to his death, Nanoon Jinlack, 30, a father of two children and the wife of the late Jinlack told FrontPage Africa that her husband left their home to go and receive his uncle Babbit Keith Jinlack who was traveling from the UK to Liberia.

“At the time my husband left me, we were communicating until I lost contact with him and he never called me until I heard that he has gone missing,” Mrs. Jinlack said.

She continued that prior to Keith Jinlack’s departure from the UK to Monrovia, he had told the family to prepare a room for him  to reside in their apartment on the 18th Street where she resides with her late husband.

Nanoon further narrated that at the time Keith had arrived in the country, he decided to change his mind to spend the night with one of his friends, Lyold Washington in Virginia alongside the late McArthur Jinlack.

According to Nanoon, she was informed by the son of Keith, Prince Jinlack, that when they arrived in Virginia, they were taken to the house of Washington by a Police woman who knew the house but when they got at the house, a room was prepared for McArthur to spend the night because it was late.

She said Prince stated that after they got through eating, McArthur could not be found anywhere when they noticed that he was not around. But when they inquired about him from the boys in the house, they were told that McArthur walked to the gate.

“When Prince told me that my husband was missing, I decided to report the matter to the Police who invited the five persons along with him but were released to their lawyers after writing their statements” said Nanoon.

When contacted Wednesday, Babbit Keith Jinlack stated that though the matter is still under investigation with the Police and will react to the matter after the Police have concluded the investigation.

“I will speak at the appropriate time on this matter but now I’ll set the record straight, it was unfortunate that my nephew could die in this matter but I have no knowledge of his death and cannot be the one to harm him, because every time I am here, he teamed up with me,” said Babbit Keith Jinlack.