Police Vindicate Nigerian’s Link to Death of Woman at Palm Spring

Bob Enyindah Egeonu

Monrovia– The Liberia National Police has vindicated Bob Enyindah Egeonu, 30, a Nigerian man suspected of being linked to the death of Evon Yatta Kamara at the Palm Spring hotel in Monrovia.

On June 6, 2019, at 6:000 a Sierra Leonean woman,31, was discovered lying unconscious at the Palm Spring Resort in room 308.

Police preliminary investigative report established that there was a need for an autopsy to be conducted on the body to determine the cause of death.

On July 3, 2019, two specialized Liberian Pathologists, Doctors Zoebon B. Kparteh and Benedict B. Kolee carried out a post-Mortem examination of the deceased at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital.

The autopsy was done in the presence of representatives from the Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Protection, the Liberia National Police, Coroner officers and the Women in Peace Building Network (WIPNET).

The outcome of the examination conducted on the body showed that she died naturally as a result of a sudden Cardiac Arrest.

Meanwhile, the Liberia National Police has also released the autopsy of the late Fayiah Kettor who was reported dead in Grand Bassa County.

On March 22 this year, the late Fayiah Kettor was taken to the Liberia Agriculture Company (LAC) Hospital after complaining of vomiting, loss of appetite and generalized body trembling and was diagnosed with malaria.

On March 24, 2019, the deceased reportedly left the hospital in an attempt to attend Church but reportedly went missing at 7: 00 PM the same day.

On March 30, 2019, the deceased lifeless body was found within the vicinity of the hospital.

The Ministry of Justice immediately called for the conduct of an autopsy to establish the cause of death as to determine whether there was a foul play or not.  

On April 3, 2019, Doctors Kparteh and Kolee were invited to carry out the post Mortem examination at the Abraham Roberts Funeral.

The examination, which was conducted in the presence of the brothers of the deceased and several others, revealed that the deceased died as a result of Progressive Primary Miliary Pulmonary Tuberculosis and that there was no foul play.