Liberia: Lofa County to Launch ‘Dollar Rally Campaign’ for National County Meet

0
Lofa County’s County Meet Steering Committee Chairman, Momo Cyrus

Monrovia – Ahead of Liberia’s biggest sporting events, the National County Sports Meet, several counties are now preparing for the national scene scheduled for December 2019.

One of such counties that are leaving no stones untouched in this year’s competition is Lofa County.

Speaking to reporters Tuesday, October 22, the steering committee’s chairman of Lofa, Momo Cyrus, said his county is gearing up to change the record around for the better.

According to him as part of their preparations for the events, the Committee along with citizens of the county, will launch a dollar rally campaign this Saturday, October 26, at the Monrovia City Hall.

Mr. Cyrus said the intent is to, among other things, raise more funds to help support the teams of the county.

As testimony of their seriousness and commitment to the process, the Lofa County Steering Committee Chairman disclosed that they have done about 60% preparation with infrastructure planning and is working tirelessly to complete the remaining 40% before the start of the tournament.

Lofa is one of the counties to host the preliminary rounds of the 2019/2020 National County Sports Meet and is said to be in full gear to host their visitors, noted Momo.


He praised the Legislative Caucus for their support to the ongoing process so far.

Cyrus asserted that the county caucus has promised to make available L$1m to help support their teams.

According to him, their teams are currently training at different venues.

He disclosed that a plan peace tournament will take place in the county November 2019 to scout players.

The peace tournament will bring together four teams, including one team each, which will come from neighboring Guinea and Sierra Leone. The county’s All Star Team and the Monrovia-based team.

Unlike in the past, he told reporters that players selected from the tournament will go to camp two weeks before the tournament starts.

Momo is at the same time encouraging his kinsman in and out of Liberia to support their county team to ensure they bring pride to the county.

He said with the current preparation process, more potential players are expressing interests in forming part of Lofa County’s team but only the best will be selected.

“The process is opened; we are transparent. We need more players, technical staff, coaches and many others because we want only the best to fulfill our target this year,” Cyrus, who is the head of SEGAL, noted.

Lofa, since the inception of the National County Sports Meet, is yet to win the tournament, a record Cyrus assured will be changed this year because of their massive preparations ahead of the tournament.

Comments
Loading...